In this in-depth guide of Professional Permanent Residency visa Program, we will explore the key aspects of this visa, from the qualifications required to the application process and the essential documents, all within the context of Professional Permanent Residency.
Tabla de contenidos
Qualifications for Professional Permanent Residency
To qualify for this visa, foreign professionals must possess a degree, whether it’s a Technical Superior University (TSU) degree, a Bachelor’s, Master’s, or a Doctorate. It’s important to emphasize that this visa is applicable to careers not reserved exclusively for Panamanian nationals.
Benefits of Professional Permanent Residency
The Professional Permanent Residency visa initially grants a two-year residency in Panama, providing ample time for foreign professionals to settle and explore their career opportunities in this vibrant country. After the initial period, you can apply for permanent and indefinite residency, making this an attractive option for those looking for long-term prospects in Panama.
One of the significant advantages of this visa is the Professional work permit in Panama, ensuring that you can pursue your profession without any hindrance. Additionally, you have the right to include your dependents, including your spouse, children, and parents, in your application.
Application Process and Considerations
When applying for this visa, applicants will receive a Professional Permanent Residency visa that’s valid for two years. Once this period expires, applicants can opt for permanent residency with the right to obtain a Panamanian ID card (cedula). However, it’s important to note that only the principal applicant is entitled to a Professional work permit in Panama.
Panama’s Professional working permitMORE INFO
Therefore, if you’re relocating with your spouse, and they also possess a professional degree, it’s advisable to make separate applications. Each individual should apply for their visa independently.
Requirements for Professional Permanent Residency
To initiate the application process for Professional Permanent Residency, you must meet the following requirements:
- Power of Attorney: Prepare and submit a notarized power of attorney signed by the foreign applicant.
- Photographs: Include three (3) recent photographs as part of your application.
- Notarized Passport Copy: Provide a duly notarized copy of your passport, authenticated by the corresponding authority.
- Criminal Record Certificate: Furnish a criminal record certificate from your home country or the last country of residence. This document should be apostilled appropriately.
- Health Certificate: Include a health certificate as part of your application.
- Certified Checks: Prepare two certified checks, one for B/250.00 payable to the National Treasury and another for B/800.00 payable to the National Migration Service.
- Sworn Declaration Form: Complete the Sworn Declaration Form for Personal Background.
- Educational Qualifications: Provide a duly apostilled or authenticated copy of your university degree, whether it’s a bachelor’s, master’s, or doctorate. In the case of a foreign degree, the degree must be revalidated by the National University of Panama or the Technological University.
- Homologation Process: Ensure that your foreign degree goes through the homologation process with the relevant national authorities, such as the University of Panama or the Technological University.
If you plan to include dependents in your application, you’ll need to provide the following documents:
- Letter of responsibility
- Proof of kinship
- Proof of address
- For dependents over 18 years old, a certificate of singleness and certified educational records
In summary, Panama offers foreign professionals a pathway to establish themselves in the country with the Professional Permanent Residency visa. With the right qualifications and documentation, you can embark on a journey of professional and personal growth in this beautiful and culturally rich nation.
Don’t you know how to apply for your visa to start your immigration process?
Join a virtual meeting to study your case, we advise you
Check if you need a visa
Write your questions and book your meeting 100% online!
We will answer your questions providing personalized feedback
DON’T TAKE IT FROM US
WHAT OUR CLIENTS SAY
Even though our past case successes show our skill in negotiation and courtroom situations, the appreciative feedback we receive from former clients really illustrates our commitment to helping those who have been unjustly injured. Our goal is to provide the advice, tools, and financial compensation they need to improve their lives.
If you’re still unsure about working with a personal injury lawyer from our NDM team, our client testimonials can help make that decision much easier. We’ve received feedback from many clients, all of whom have been incredibly thankful for the support and advocacy we’ve given them.