Panama Friendly Nations Visa is a unique program initiated by Panama’s government to boost immigration from certain ‘friendly nations’. This program focuses on attracting foreign investors, professionals, and workers from the designated countries, driving Panama’s economic growth and progress.
Tabla de contenidos
Individuals from eligible countries can apply for the Panama Friendly Nations Visa, providing them with the opportunity to live and work in Panama. Among the necessary requirements are proof of economic solvency, a clean police record, and a proposed economic or professional activity to be undertaken in Panama.
In essence, the Panama Friendly Nations Visa program is a gateway for individuals from friendly nations to establish a life in Panama. Offering temporary residency, it ultimately opens the path towards permanent residency, thus enabling immigrants to contribute to Panama’s thriving economy while enjoying the country’s rich lifestyle and culture
All about friendly nations visa
|Program Type||Friendly Nations Visa Panama|
|Time for citizenship||Up to 5 Years|
|Time to Permanent Residency||2 years|
|Requirement for Physical Presence||Not specified|
|Timeframe for Application Processing||1-2 Months|
|Visa-free Travel with Granted Citizenship||Yes, to 120+ countries|
|Investment Options||Real estate, business, etc.|
How Long you can stay
The National Migration Service can grant a provisional residency permit, valid for two years, under Panama Friendly Nations Visa program. This program targets individuals from select nations that maintain friendly, professional, and economic relations with the Republic of Panama. The goal is to attract individuals looking to engage in professional or economic activities under the auspices of the Panama Friendly Nations Visa, thus fostering mutual growth and development.
When to Apply and how long it takes
Beginning the process for the panama friendly nations visa is possible 60 days before meeting the mandatory residence period in Panama. Normally, these procedures are anticipated to span 1-2 months. Regardless of your location, either in or outside Panama, you can kick-start your application as long as you appoint a legal representative to coordinate with Panama’s Immigration Services Ministry.
Friendly Nations Visa Cost
As part of the Panama friendly nations visa program, certain government fees are applicable. This includes a bank-certified cheque of B/.250.00, earmarked for the National Treasury of Panama.
Disclaimer: Besides government fees, applicants must also consider mandatory legal and notary costs required by Panamanian authorities. Consult a legal advisor for a full cost assessment.
Panama friendly nations visa countries
The Panama’s Friendly Nations Visa extends its benefits to individuals from various countries that share strong, friendly ties with Panama. Below is the comprehensive list of these nations:
|Andorra||Costa Rica||Hong Kong||San Marino||United Kingdom|
friendly nations visa panama requirements
Under Panama Friendly Nations Visa program, the National Migration Service of Panama can offer a Provisional Residence Permit, valid for two years. This is available to individuals from certain nations with strong, beneficial relationships with Panama, who wish to undertake professional or economic activities in the country.
- Notarized Power of Attorney and Application, which must include the name and nationality of the applicant’s parents.
- Three (3) photographs.
- A properly compared copy of the passport (notarized or corresponding authenticated).
- Certificate of Criminal Records.
- Health Certificate.
- Certified Check for B/.250.00 in favor of the National Treasury.
- Certified Check for B/.800.00 in favor of the National Migration Service.
- Affidavit of Personal Background Form.
For work reasons:
- A work letter on company letterhead, signed by the company’s legal representative, indicating position and salary and repatriation (Notarized).
- Certificate of Public Registry of Panama of the employing company.
- Copy of the Operation Notice of the employing company.
- Copy of the power and application for the permit presented to MITRADEL signed by the legal representative and applicant.
For reasons of investment in real estate:
- Certificate of Public Registry of Panama proving property ownership with a minimum value of 200,000.00. The property acquisition operation may be financed through a local bank.
For reasons of fixed term deposit:
- Certificate from a general license bank operating in the national territory stating the existence of the fixed term deposit for an amount of 200,000.00.
- A Letter of responsibility from the resident or national.
- Proof of relationship, marriage certificate for spouse, or birth certificate for children.
- For applicants between 18 and 25 years of age: Certification from an educational institution providing full-time regular student status and a sworn declaration of being single.
- Proof of the resident’s financial solvency.
- Copy of the income tax return, with its peace and save and it must comply with the minimum income of one thousand balboas (B/.1,000.00) per month plus one hundred balboas (B/.100.00), additional for each dependent.
- Updated work letter with its respective payroll or Social Security Fund card and copy of the work permit.
Constitution of the Republic of Panama, Executive Decree 226 of July 20, 2021, Decree Law 3 of February 22, 2008, regulated by Executive Decree 320 of August 8, 2008. Law 5 of 2007. Law 38 of 2000.
Don’t you know how to apply for your visa to start your immigration process?
Join a virtual meeting to study your case, we advise you
Check if you need a visa
Write your questions and book your meeting 100% online!
We will answer your questions providing personalized feedback
DON’T TAKE IT FROM US
WHAT OUR CLIENTS SAY
Even though our past case successes show our skill in negotiation and courtroom situations, the appreciative feedback we receive from former clients really illustrates our commitment to helping those who have been unjustly injured. Our goal is to provide the advice, tools, and financial compensation they need to improve their lives.
If you’re still unsure about working with a personal injury lawyer from our NDM team, our client testimonials can help make that decision much easier. We’ve received feedback from many clients, all of whom have been incredibly thankful for the support and advocacy we’ve given them.